My work broadly concern on the performance analysis, training load monitoring, match analysis, small-sided and conditioned games, and physical activity and health. Research in this area has been supported by qualitative and qualitative methodologies, in order to capture the dynamic and multifactorial reality that characterizes performance in sport. Although most of my research focuses on football, I am interested in the study of other sports, especially team ball sports, on which I have also developed several research works.
Research Interest: Performance, Psychology, Depression, Motivation, Injuries.
List of Publications:
Skype ID: email@example.com
Research Interest: He is also a Research Clinical Specialist at the Spinal Cord Injury Service & Disorders located at McGuire Medical Center.
Research Interest: Biomechanics, spine, diagnostic ultrasound imaging, rehabilitation
Research Interest: Mindfulness; Positive Psychology; Psychological Wellbeing; Physiological Wellbeing
Research Interest: Gene Therapy in Orthopaedics; Clinical treatment of orthopaedics diseases; Gene therapy for bone and cartilage regeneration; Aging and Metabolism; New animal models for gene therapy in orthopaedics; Study on biomaterials as bone substitutes in Orthopaedics; Intervertebral disc aging and disc degeneration; Spine Trauma in adults; Spine diseases and spine trauma in athletes; Trauma and surgical treatments in sport medicine
Research Interest: Exercise training, sirtuin, myocardial infarction, heart failure, inflammation
PhD and full professor at the Department of Physical Education and Sports (University of Seville). He collaborates with several foreign research centers and has been an author in the main journals of the biomedical field, highlighting his contribution in the manual Exercise and Chronic Disease. An Evidence-Based Approach in the Editorial Routledge or publications in APMR, CER or EJAP. As a result of these studies, he received a prestigious research award at the XVII Andalusian Institute of Sport Sports Research Awards. In addition to a clear line focused on physical activity and health (especially focused on fibromyalgia, diabetes, aging or practice habits), has developed in parallel studies related to sport sciences, again, with very positive results as international publications in the JSS or the JSCR, among others. During these years he has participated in numerous research projects both with the public administration (Ministry of Education and Science and Ministry of Health of the Junta de Andalucía), and the private sector (Sevilla FC SAD or PowerPlate) and is part of the Editorial Committee or external reviewer from prestigious international journals (eg AC&R, J Pain Res, Mayo Clinics, etc.). In short, and as a member of the Andalusian Center for Research in Physical Activity, Health and Sport, is very aware of the importance of physical exercise to improve the health and physical condition of the population.
Research Interest: Fibromyalgia, Obesity, Exercise, Strength Training
List of Pubications:
1. Sañudo B. (2017). Nuevas tecnologías aplicadas a la actividad física y el deporte. Thomson-Aranzadi. ISBN. ISBN: 978-84-9177-316-0
2. Sañudo B. (2016). El caso de las wearable technologies en la actividad física y el deporte. En: Emprendiendo en el sector deportivo. Thomson-Aranzadi. ISBN. 978-84-9099-588-4
3. García J. - Sañudo, B, Sánchez, A., Fernández J., Pozo-Cruz, J. (2015). Emprendimiento y Deporte: de la teoría a la aplicación. ISBN. 978-84-16326-50-1.
4. Borja Sañudo, Vicente Martínez, José Muñoa. (2012). Actividad Física en Poblaciones Especiales. Salud y Calidad de Vida. Sevilla: Wanceulen Editorial Deportiva. ISBN. 978-84-9993-000-0
5. Borja Sañudo, Jerónimo García. (2012). Nuevas Orientaciones para una actividad física saludable en centro de fitness. Sevilla: Wanceulen Editorial Deportiva. ISBN. 978-84-9993-219-4
6. Borja Sañudo, Adrián Feria (2012). Cáncer de mama y ejercicio físico: Bases para su prescripción. En: AF en Poblaciones Especiales. Salud y CdV. Wanceulen Editorial Deportiva. Pp 155-165
7. Iván Chulvi, Fernando Mata, Borja Sañudo, Marzo da Silva (2012). Entrenamiento funcional en personas mayores. En: AF en Poblaciones Especiales. Salud y CdV. Wanceulen Editorial Deportiva. Pp 167-191
8. Borja Sañudo, Delfín Galiano. (2012). La actividad física en personas con Fibromialgia. En: La práctica de actividades físico-deportivas en personas con patologías. MAD SL. Pp 227-252
9. Sañudo B. Fibromyalgia. (2011). In Saxton JM. Exercise and Chronic Disease. An Evidence-Based Approach. Routledge. 9780415498616
10. Sañudo B, Muñoz T, Davison GW, Lopez-Lluch G, Del Pozo-Cruz J. High-Intensity Interval Training Combined With Vibration and Dietary Restriction Improves Body Composition and Blood Lipids in Obese Adults: A Randomized Trial. Dose Response. 2018;16(3):1559325818797.
11. Russell D, Álvarez Gallardo IC, Wilson I, Hughes CM, Davison GW, Sañudo B, McVeigh JG. 'Exercise to me is a scary word': perceptions of fatigue, sleep dysfunction, and exercise in people with fibromyalgia syndrome-a focus group study. Rheumatol Int. 2018 Mar;38(3):507-515.
12. Sá-Caputo D, Paineiras-Domingos L, Carvalho-Lima R,… Sañudo B, Bernardo-Filho M. Potential effects of whole-body vibration exercises on blood flow kinetics of different populations: a systematic review with a suitable approach. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017 Jul 7;14(4 Suppl):41-51
13. Sañudo B, de Hoyo M, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Carrasco L, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Tejero S, Firth E. A systematic review of the exercise effect on bone health: the importance of assessing mechanical loading in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2017 Oct;24(10):1208-1216.
14. Muñoz-Vera T, Sañudo B, del Pozo-Cruz B, del Pozo-Cruz J, Sánchez-Oliver AJ, Lopez-Lluch G. Influence of the level of physical activity on physical fitness, lipid profile and health outcomes in overweight/obese adults with similar nutritional status. Science & Sports, 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scispo.2016.05.006
15. de Hoyo M, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Mateo-Cortes J, Domínguez-Cobo S, Fernandes O, Del Ojo JJ, Gonzalo-Skok O. Effects of 10-week eccentric overload training on kinetic parameters during change of direction in football players. J Sports Sci. 2016 Jul;34(14):1380-7.
16. de Hoyo M, Cohen DD, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Álvarez-Mesa A, Del Ojo JJ, Domínguez-Cobo S, Mañas V, Otero-Esquina C. Influence of football match time-motion parameters on recovery time course of muscle damage and jump ability. J Sports Sci. 2016 Jul;34(14):1363-70.
17. de Hoyo M, Gonzalo-Skok O, Sañudo B, Carrascal C, Plaza-Armas JR, Camacho-Candil F, Otero-Esquina C. Comparative Effects of In-Season Full-Back Squat, Resisted Sprint Training, and Plyometric Training on Explosive Performance in U-19 Elite Soccer Players. J Strength Cond Res. 2016 Feb;30(2):368-77.
18. Sañudo B, Rueda D, Pozo-Cruz BD, de Hoyo M, Carrasco L. Validation of a Video Analysis Software Package for Quantifying Movement Velocity in Resistance Exercises. J Strength Cond Res. 2016 Oct;30(10):2934-41.
19. de Hoyo M, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Domínguez-Cobo S, Mateo-Cortes J, Cadenas-Sánchez MM, Nimphius S. Effects of Traditional Versus Horizontal Inertial Flywheel Power Training on Common Sport-Related Tasks. J Hum Kinet. 2015 Oct 14;47:155-67.
20. Tejero S, Cejudo P, Quintana-Gallego E, Sañudo B, Oliva-Pascual-Vaca A. The role of daily physical activity and nutritional status on bone turnover in cystic fibrosis: a cross-sectional study. Braz J Phys Ther. 2016 Mar 18. pii: S1413-35552016005004102.
21. Sañudo B, César-Castillo M, Tejero S, Cordero-Arriaza FJ, Oliva-Pascual-Vaca Á, Figueroa A. Effects of Vibration on Leg Blood Flow After Intense Exercise and Its Influence on Subsequent Exercise Performance. J Strength Cond Res. 2016 Apr;30(4):1111-7.
22. Álvarez Barbosa F, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Alfonso-Rosa RM, Sañudo B, Rogers ME. Factors Associated with the Risk of Falls of Nursing Home Residents Aged 80 or Older. Rehabilitation Nursing, 2015.
23. Del Pozo-Cruz J, Alfonso-Rosa RM, Castillo-Cuerva A, Sañudo B, Nolan P, Del Pozo-Cruz B. Depression symptoms are associated with key health outcomes in women with fibromyalgia: a cross-sectional study. Int J Rheum Dis. 2015 Jul 14. doi: 10.1111/1756-185X.12564.
24. Alfonso-Rosa RM, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Sañudo B, Abellán JM. Cost-utility analysis of a 12-week whole-body vibration based treatment for people with type 2 diabetes: reanalysis of a RCT in a primary care context. Public Health. 2015. pii: S0033-3506(15)00092-X.
25. de Hoyo M, Pozzo M, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Gonzalo-Skok O, Domínguez-Cobo S, Morán-Camacho E. Effects of a 10-week in-season eccentric-overload training program on muscle-injury prevention and performance in junior elite soccer players. IJSP. 2015 Jan;10(1):46-52.
26. Sañudo B, Carrasco L, de Hoyo M, Figueroa A, Saxton JM. Vagal modulation and symptomatology following a 6-month aerobic exercise program for women with fibromyalgia. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015 Jan-Feb;33(1 Suppl 88):S41-5. Epub 2015 Mar 17.
27. de Hoyo M, de la Torre A, Pradas F, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Mateo-Cortes J, Domínguez-Cobo S, Fernandes O, Gonzalo-Skok O. Effects of eccentric overload bout on change of direction and performance in soccer players. Int J Sports Med. 2015 Apr;36(4):308-14.
28. Russell D, Álvarez-Gallardo IC, Hughes CM, Davison GW, Sañudo B, McVeigh JG. The Effectiveness of Exercise in the Management of Fatigue and Sleep Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Systematic Review. Rheumatology; 2014; 10.1093/rheumatology/keu116.001
29. del Pozo-Cruz B, Alfonso-R, del Pozo-Cruz J, Sañudo B, Rogers ME. Effects of a 12-wk whole-body vibration based intervention to improve type 2 diabetes. Maturitas. 2014 Jan;77(1):52-8.
30. Alfonso-Rosa RM, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Sañudo B, Rogers ME. Test-Retest Reliability and Minimal Detectable Change Scores for Fitness Assessment in Older Adults with Type 2 Diabetes. Rehabil Nurs. 2014; 39(5):260-8.
31. Sañudo B, Alfonso-Rosa R, Del Pozo-Cruz B, et al. WBV training improves leg blood flow and adiposity in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2013 Sep;113(9):2245-52.
32. Del Pozo-Cruz J, Alfonso-Rosa RM, Ugia JL, McVeigh JG, Pozo-Cruz BD, Sañudo B. A primary care-based randomized controlled trial of 12-week whole-body vibration for balance improvement in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013 Nov;94(11):2112-8.
33. Alfonso-Rosa RM, Del Pozo-Cruz B, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Sañudo B. The relationship between nutritional status, functional capacity, and health-related quality of life in older adults with type 2 diabetes: a pilot explanatory study. J Nutr Health Aging. 2013 Apr;17(4):315-21.
34. Sañudo B, Carrasco L, de Hoyo M, Oliva-Pascual-Vaca Á, Rodríguez-Blanco C. Changes in body balance and functional performance following whole-body vibration training in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. J Rehabil Med. 2013 Jul;45(7):678-84.
35. Del Pozo-Cruz B, Alfonso-Rosa RM, Del Pozo-Cruz J, Sañudo B, Rogers ME. Effects of a 12-wk whole-body vibration intervention to improve type 2 diabetes. Maturitas. 2013. 5122(13)00289-2.
36. Sañudo B, César-Castillo M, Tejero S, et al. Cardiac autonomic response during recovery from a maximal exercise using whole body vibration. Complement Ther Med. 2013 Aug;21(4):294-9.
37. de Hoyo M, Álvarez-Mesa A, Sañudo B, Carrasco L, Domínguez S. Immediate effect of kinesio taping on muscle response in young elite soccer players. J Sport Rehabil. 2013 Feb;22(1):53-8.
38. Sañudo B, Carrasco L, de Hoyo M, McVeigh JG. Effects of exercise training and detraining in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome: a 3-yr longitudinal study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2012 Jul;91(7):561-9; quiz 570-3
39. Sañudo B, de Hoyo M, Carrasco L, et al. Effect of whole-body vibration exercise on balance in women with fibromyalgia syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. J Altern Complement Med. 2012 Feb;18(2):158-64
40. Sañudo B, Feria A, Carrasco L, de Hoyo M, Santos R, Gamboa H. Gender differences in knee stability in response to whole-body vibration. J Strength Cond Res. 2012 Aug;26(8):2156-65.
41. Sañudo B, Galiano D, Carrasco L, et al. Effects of a prolonged exercise program on key health outcomes in women with fibromyalgia: a randomized controlled trial. J Rehabil Med. 2011 May;43(6):521-6.
C.2. Research projects and grants:
• I+D projects: 5(1 IP); Funds: ≈ 170.000€
• Contracts with companies: 14 (6 IP); ≈20.000€
Research Interest: Ultrasonography; ultrasound imaging; muscle morphology; Achilles tendon; sonoelastography; imaging
Research Interest: Pain, health management, pain management and cost economy
(1) articular cartilage lesions: the clinical and related basic research in articular cartilage lesions and the treatment.
(2) The surgical technique of shoulder and knee arthroscope
Research Grant Details: cartilage, sports medicine
1. Daohong Zhao; Yanlin Li; Xizong Zhou; Zhongde Yang, Peripheral blood mesenchymal stem cells combined with modified demineralized bone matrix promote pig cartilage defect repair, Cells Tissues Organs, 2018.9.26, 9(1): 1~9.
2. Daohong Zhao; Yanlin Li; Yan Li; Zhaowei Jiang; Duo Shen; Zhi Zhao;Fuke Wang, MiR-181a regulates the chondrogenic differentiation in pig peripheral blood mesenchymal stem cells, Int J Clin Exp Pathol , 2018.2.15, 11(2): 947~955.
3. Hong Chen; Daohong Zhao;Jingming Xie; Qihui Duan; Jun Zhang;Zhidan Wu; Jia Jiang, The outcomes of the modified Fulkerson osteotomy procedure to treat habitual patellar dislocation associated with high-grade trochlear dysplasia, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, 2017.2.8, 18(1): 73~79.
4. Zhi Zhao ; Wei Xu ; Jingming Xie; Yingsong Wang; Tao Li; Ying Zhang; Daohong Zhao; Ni Bi; Zhiyue Shi, Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BM-MSCs) inhibit apoptosis of spinal cord cells in a kaolin-induced syringomyelia-associated scoliosis rabbit model, Int J Clin Exp Pathol, 2018.4.15, 11(4): 1890~1899.
Research Interest: Physical training, physical exercise, thermoregulation, hypertension, nitric oxide, cardiac myocytes, heart excitation-contraction coupling, cardiovascular pathophysiology, bone pathophysiology
Research Interest: Kinanthropometry, Exercise Physiology
Research Interest: Knee Surgery, Shoulder Surgery, Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, 3D-Printing
Research Interest: Elite athletes, spirometry, genetics, gene polymorphisms, body composition assessment.
Research Interest: Orthopedic Rehabilitation; Sports Rehabilitation; Chronic pain; Matrix Rhythm Therapy
Research Interest: Sports medicine and physiotherapy
University of Parma, Italy
International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research
University of Reims, France
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Catholic University of Lyon, France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology
Sassari University, Italy
Archive of Urological Research
Southeastern University, China
Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Dr. Rath Research Institute
1260 Memorex Drive, Santa Clara, USA
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."