Research Interest: 1. Plant bioactive compounds extraction and instrumental analysis e.g. phenolic acids, flavonoids
2. Determination of antioxidant capacity of constituents from plant derived foods (olive oil, wine, plants, mushrooms etc)
3. Food contaminants determination (metals e.g. Sn, Cd, Cu, biogenic amines)
4. Food Allergens determination by ELISA (new field)
5. GMOs in milk and milk products by PCR (new field)
Research Interest: Biometrology, Bionanotechnology, Bioenergy, Biomass, electron, light and atomic force microscopy
Research Interest: Dry-cured meat products, Fatty acid profile, Amino acid composition, Physico-chemical properties, Sensory characteristics, Microbiology
Research Interest: Climate Change and Agriculture, Abiotic Stress Physiology, Allelopathy, Greenhouse Gases, Plant Nutrition, Seed Invigoration
Research Interest: Application of plant extract as natural additives to the different food system as well as functional food product development.
Research Interest: Animal Health, Animal Genetics, Animal Science, Animal Production, Cattle
Research Interest: Solid waste management; Composting; Vermicomposting; Bioavailability and chemical speciation of heavy metals; Characterization and analysis of solid wastes; Water and waste water treatment; Ecological Engineering; Remediation of soil pollutants; Recovery of heavy metals from solid waste; Phytoremediation; Synthesis and environmental applications of nanomaterials.
1. Pérez LM, Soazo M, Balagué CE, Rubiolo AC, Verdini RA. (2014). Effect of pH on the effectiveness of whey protein/glycerol edible films containing potassium sorbate to control non-O157 Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli in ready-to-eat foods. Food Control; 37: 298-304.
2. Morató J, Codony F, Sánchez O, Pérez LM, García J, Mas J. (2014). Key design factors affecting microbial community composition and pathogenic organisms removal in horizontal subsurface flow constructed wetlands. Sci. Total Environ.; 481: 81-89.
3. Toledo FD, Pérez LM, Basiglio CL, Ochoa JE, Sánchez Pozzi EJ, Roma MG. (2014). The Ca2+-calmodulin-Ca2+/calmodulin- dependent protein kinase II signaling pathway is involved in oxidative stress-induced mitochondrial permeability transition and apoptosis in isolated rat hepatocytes. Arch. Toxicol.; 88: 1695-1709.
4. Soazo M, Pérez LM, Rubiolo AC, Verdini RA. (2015). Pre-freezing application of whey protein based edible coating to maintain quality attributes of strawberries. Int. J. Food Sci. Technol.; 50(3): 605-611.
5. Pérez LM, Piccirilli GN, Delorenzi NJ, Verdini RA. (2016). Effect of different combinations of glycerol and/or trehalose on physical and structural properties of whey protein concentrate-based edible films. Food. Hydrocol.; 56: 352-359.
6. Soazo M, Pérez LM, Piccirilli GN, Delorenzi NJ, Verdini RA. (2016). Antimicrobial and physicochemical characterization of whey protein concentrate edible films incorporated with liquid smoke. LWT - Food Sci. Technol.; 72: 285-291.
7. Tello Zevallos W, Salvatierra LM, Loureiro DB, Morató J, Pérez LM. (2018). Evaluation of the autochthonous free-floating macrophyte Salvinia biloba Raddi for use in the phytoremediation of water contaminated with lead. Desal. & Water Treat.; 103: 282-289.
8. Adrados B, Arias CA, Pérez LM, Codony F, Bécares E, Brix H, Morató J. (2018). Comparison of removal efficiency of pathogenic microbes in four types of wastewater treatment systems in Denmark. Ecol Eng. 124: 1-6.
9. Piccirilli GN, Soazo M, Pérez LM, Delorenzi N, Verdini RA. (2019). Effect of storage conditions on the physicochemical characteristics of edible films based on whey protein concentrate and liquid smoke. Food Hydrocol. 87: 221-228.
10. Castillo Loría K, Emiliani J, Herrero MS, Bergara CD, Salvatierra LM, Pérez LM. (2019). Effect of storage conditions on the physicochemical characteristics of edible films based on whey protein concentrate and liquid smoke. Aquatic Toxicol. 210: 158-166.
11. Pérez LM. (2019). Biodegradability of antimicrobial edible films and coatings: what's the real thing?. Nutri. Food Sci. Int. J. 8(5): in press.
Research Interest: Biomass to biofuels and chemicals, Lignin conversion to materials and chemicals, Green Pre-treatment technology development, Hot water pretreatment optimization; Microwave/ultrasonic assisted pretreartment; Gene-modified energy crops; Structural change on biomass during the pretreatment, Pretreatment Reactor development
Research Interest: Investigation of chemical composition and
technological properties of plant products, and evaluation of its influence on
nutrition value; creation new analysis methods and new food technologies,
developing HPLC methods for phytoestrogens in plant products
Research Interest: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Nutrition, Physiology and Public Health.
Research Interest: Diabetes and Nutrition
Agricultural Wastes; Biofuel; Lignocellulose; Value-Added Chemicals
Research Interest: Plant breeding, plant genetics, agronomy, plant
biotechnology plant physiology, plant biology
PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology from the Federal University of Paraná (2006); Master in Microbiology from the State University of Londrina (1998) and graduated in Biological Sciences from the State University of Londrina (1995). Full Professor at the Federal Technological University of Parana (UTFPR) since 2007. CNPq productivity fellow (2008-2011). Reviewer of journals: Foodborn pathogens and disease; Mycopathology; Africa Journal of Microbiology Research; The Open Microbiology Journal; The Brazilian Journal of Microbiology; Semina - Agrarias; Semina - Biology and Health; Archives of Oral Biology; Mycoses; Journal of applied Microbiology. Editorial Board member of the Journal of Microbiology and Laboratory Science and South Asian Journal of Research in Microbiology. Member of the London Journal Press.Works on the following topics: general and medical microbiology; food microbiology; biotechnology. It acts specifically in: analysis of microbiological indicators of water; analysis of virulence determinants; resistance of microorganisms to antimicrobials and heavy metals; analysis of probiotic strains of Enterococcus and of acidic bacterias; analysis of antimicrobial peptides (bacteriocins); biofilm formation. Member of the Araucaria Foundation Area Advisory Committee. Researcher at Fundação Araucária. Professor of academic master's programs: Food Technology and Environmental Engineering.
Research Interest: food microbiology; microbiology; food control
URL: CV: http://lattes.cnpq.br/6007117281861512
Number of Publications: 65 articles
Published On: August 29, 2023 | Pages: 087 - 092Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 19, 2023 | Pages: 076 - 086Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 14, 2023 | Pages: 064 - 075Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 06, 2023 | Pages: 059 - 063Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: July 03, 2023 | Pages: 054 - 058Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 24, 2023 | Pages: 049 - 053Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 17, 2023 | Pages: 044 - 048Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: June 16, 2023 | Pages: 041 - 043Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 30, 2023 | Pages: 036 - 040Abstract View Full Article View
I like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The journal should expand the electronic readership as ease to access and lower costs. Manuscript submission in this journal is Hassle free. I suggest to some of my friends who are related to this journal scope to submit their manuscripts for publication. The manuscript submission and publication timeline process is appreciated. I can find the required information on the website freely.
Thank you for your support and professional approach for submission and publication process of the manuscript.
I wish to be associated with the journal and confer my services as it improves my knowledge on vaccines. I suggest to give a clearer description of the objectives of the journal. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to continue the association with this journal and give my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in the journal. I am satisfied with the time of submission and publication process. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
I continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The editor and reviewer comments in the journal is fair as well as professional. I appreciate the rapid peer review process in the journal. Manuscript submission process is smooth and easy. I strongly recommend this journal to get indexing in reputed indexing platform. I recommend my friends to submit their research works in this journal for publication. The time line of submission and publication of manuscript is good. I can easily find the required information in the journal webpage.
It is my great pleasure to serve as Editor for the Journal. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I like most in your publication process is the scope of the journal. The required information is easily accessible on the website.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are meaning full. It will be nice that journal can get indexed on Pubmed central. Manuscript submission process is simple and user friendly. The journal should be indexed with Science citation index (Thomson-Reuters)
I strongly recommend my colleagues to submit their future works in this journal for publication. I easily can get the required information on the website.
I would like to continue the association in this journal and confer the services. Comments we are receiving from editors and reviewers are authentic. The manuscript submission process is easy. I strongly recommend this journal for getting indexing services in major platforms. I recommend my colleagues to submit the works to this journal. The journal is maintaining the accurate submission and publication time line. I like the rapid review process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
The comments from the reviewers/editors are meaningful and professional. I think it could be useful to send e-mails to many eminent scientists in order to increase the visibility of the journal. And perhaps, it could be interesting to add a translation service and to include the journal in Pubmed. I also recommend the journal for reputed indexing services in Pubmed. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily available on the website.
I wish to associate with the journal as editor and confer my services. I recommend the journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend this journal to others for publication. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. The required information is easily available on the website.
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
Domenico Antonio Restivo
Nuovo Garibaldi Hospital, Italy
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
Manuel Jose Lis Arias
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Archive of Biochemistry
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Jose Manuel Ramia-Angel
Guadalajara University Hospital , Spain
Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
Marche Polytechnic University - School of Medicine and Surgery (UNIVPM, Ancona); Istituto per lo studio delle psicoterapie (ISP, Rome) , Italy
Open Journal of Trauma
Catholic University of Lyon, France
Annals of Cytology and Pathology
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."