As the Division Head I oversee a group of physicians, APNs, Residents, Fellows, and Office staff at the Cooper Pain Management Center. I started an ACGME-accredited Multidisciplinary Pain Medicine Fellowship Program here at Cooper where Residents can receive the proper training to become a Board Certified Pain Medicine Physician. This ACGME Accreditation ensues that we treat all types of pain and perform all of the state of the art interventional pain management procedures offered in modern medicine.
Research Interest: Chronic Pain
Grants: Grant Support:
Pain Medicine Multidisciplinary Fellowship Medtronic’s Grant 7/2015
Pain Medicine Multidisciplinary Fellowship Medtronic’s Grant 7/2016
HRSA Supplement Grant on Opioid Training / Opioid & Substance Use Curriculum
Consuelo Cagande MD, Kate Baston MD, Michael Sabia MD, Karim Sedky MD 7/2017
Pain Medicine Multidisciplinary Fellowship Medtronic’s Grant 7/2017
CMSRU-Coriell-Cooper Pharmacogenomics Grant Co-PI Michael Sabia MD, Kaitlyn Baston MD 4/2018
$3,000,000.00 Annually 3 year duration
List of Publications:
1. Goldberg, M.E, Schwartzman, R.J Domsky, R, Sabia, M, Torjman, M. Deep Cervical Plexus Block For The Treatment of Cervicogenic Headache. J Pain Physician, Nov/Dec 2008; 11:849-854 ISSN 1533-3159
2. Sabia M, Hirsh, RA, Wainer, IW, Cooper N, Domsky R, Goldberg ME. Advances in Translational Neuropathic Research: Example of Enantioselective Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Modeling of Ketamine-induced Pain Relief in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2011; 15:207-214.
3. Hoang HT, Sabia M, Torjman M & Goldberg ME. The importance of medical education in the changing field of pain medicine. Pain Manag. 2014; 4(6), 437–443
4. Bentley WE, Sabia M, Goldberg ME, Wainer IW. Ketamine: An Update for Its Use in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Major Depressive Disorder. Clin Exp Pharmacol 2015;5: 169.
5. Sabia M, Mathur R, Liadis J, Gerges T, Goldberg ME: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Ketamine’s Pharmacological Effects and Modern Treatment Applications. Internal Medicine Review 2016; 2: 10
6. Sabia M, Weaver M, Gessman R, Kalariya J: Update on the Importance of Medical Education in the Changing Field of Pain Medicine. Journal of Anesthesia and Patient Care 2017; 2:1. ISSN:2456-5490
7. Pradhan B, Wainer I, Moaddel R, Torjman M, Goldberg M, Sabia M, Parikh T, Pumariega A: Trauma Interventions using Mindfulness Based Extinction and Reconsolidation (TIMBER) psychotherapy prolong the therapeutic effects of single ketamine infusion on post-traumatic stress disorder and co-morbid depression: a pilot randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover clinical trial. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Trials 2017; 2:2.
8. Sabia M, Kudur V, Reddy A: Ketamine: Variable Uses in Medicine. Austin Journal of Anesthesia and Analgesia 2017; 5:1 ISSN: 2381-893X
9. Sabia M, Ganguly K, Gessman R, Kalariya J, Mathur R: Can diet alone control inflammation? A comprehensive narrative review of dietary foods and supplements and their effects on inflammation and pain. Journal of Public Health Catalog 2018 Volume 1 Issue 3
10. Shah, N, Sabia, M, Mathur, R, Goldberg, M.E, Wainer, I, Torjman, M: The Multifaceted Role of IV Ketamine Infusions to Control Depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome, and Headaches. Internal Medicine Review. 2020 Volume 6 Issue 3. Online ISSN: 2470-3532 Print ISSN: 2470-3524 PubMed ID: 101691967
11. Patel, P., Sabia, M, Patheja, J, Kapoor, R, Mathias, T, Murtaza, T: Acupuncture and Its Effects on Chronic Pain. The Cooper Rowan Medical Journal. 2020 Volume 2 Issue 1 Article 7. Online ISSN: 2578-3335 (Print) 2578-3343 (Online). DOI: 10.31986/issn.2578-3343_vol2iss1.7
12. Heil, J, Zajc, S, Albertson, E, Brangan, A, Jones, I, Roberts, W, Sabia, M, Bodofsky, E, Resch, A, Rafeq, R, Haroz, R, Bruono, R, Ferraro, T, Scheinfeldt, L, Salzman, M, Baston, K, The Genomics of Opioid Addiction Longitudinal Study (GOALS): study design for a prospective evaluation of genetic and non-genetic factors for development of and recovery from opioid use disorder. BMC Medical Genomics 14, Article number: 16 (2021)
13. Ahmad, S, Sabia, M, Use of Stellate Ganglion Local Anesthetic Blockade for Treatment of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type II of the Upper Extremity: A Case Report of One Patient’s Experience After a Traumatic Hand Injury. Austin Journal of Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2021; 9(1): 1094. ISSN 2381-893X
14. Smith, D, Patel, R, Hunter, K, Sabia, M, Ganguly, K, Sehdev, J, Lipetskai, L, Assessing the Efficacy of Superior Hypogastric Nerve Block as a Possible Treatment Option for Bladder Pain. Austin Pain and Relief Austin Publishing Group. 2021; 3(1): https://doi.org/10.26420/austinpainrelief.2021.1008
Biography: Dr. Sayed K. Ali currently serves as faculty in internal medicine and palliative care at the Orlando Veteran’s Medical Center, Florida. He is an associate professor at the University of Central Florida, School of Medicine and the site director for the internal medicine residency program at the Orlando VA. Dr. Ali is also a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Dr. Ali is currently in the US Army Reserves. During his active duty time, he served in Iraq as a Battalion Surgeon in 2007-2008 and the Chief of Medicine at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2013. He has a highly decorated military veteran and some his awards include a Bronze Star and a Combat Medical Badge. In addition to teaching the internal medicine house-staff and working on various peer reviewed publications, he has a special interest in arts in medicine.
Biography: Dr. Eduardo Januzzi has a PhD on Evidence-based Health and a Master’s degree on TMJ and Orofacial Pain (Paulista Medical School - UNIFESP (SP-Brazil). He is certificated as a specialist in: TMJ and Orofacial Pain (CFO – Brazil); Dental Prosthesis and Periodontics (APCD – Bauru – SP – Brazil); and Evidence-based Health (Sirio Libanês Hospital – SP – Brazil). He has also done an Extension Course in Orofacial Pain, TMJ and Occlusion (UMD- New Jersey – USA) . He is currently the Coordinator of the Post-graduation courses in Orofacial Pain/Temporomandibular disorders and Implantology at Ciodonto Faculty (Belo Horizonte – MG - Brazil). He is a scientific advisor of Signo Vinces (Dental Implant Systems – Brazil and Europe) and a member of the following committees: ITI; IASP (International Academy for Study of Pain); and Committee of Orofacial Pain of the Brazilian Cephalea Society, Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Clinical Anesthesiology and Editorial Board Member of Journal of Anesthesia & Perioperative Management, Editorial Board Member of Journal of SciTz Dentistry: Research & Therapy Management.He has translated to Portuguese, and revised the book ““Clinical Management of TMD and OFP” by Richard A. Pertes and Sheldon G. Gross and has published scientific papers in either national or international scientific journals. Dr. Januzzi is also a Lecturer, in Brazil and abroad.
Dr. Nguyen is Board Certified in Anesthesiology with Fellowship training in Interventional Pain Management and Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Nguyen completed his medical school at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock, Texas (USA), and then completed his Emergency Medicine residency at The University of Texas at Houston Health Science Center. He gained extensive training and benefited from practicing in both private and academic hospitals.
Dr. Nguyen served as an Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and at The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. He pursued further training with a second residency in Anesthesiology at The University of Texas Medical Branch and expanded his skills set with an Interventional Pain Management fellowship at Texas A&M Health Sciences Center (Scott & White Hospital) in Temple, Texas. He currently is an Assistant Professor of Pain Management (Department of Anesthesiology) at Texas A&M Health Sciences Center.
|Chronic pain, acute pain, trauma, interventional pain management, spinal cord stimulation, pain pumps, neuropathic pain, somatic pain, nerve blocks|
Research Interest: Emergency Medicine.
Research Interest: Palliative care, pain management, technology, mHealth, eHealth, user involvement, health economics
Research Interest: Perinatology, Neonatology, Perinatal Respiratory Medicine, Neonatal Pharmacology, Metabolomics in Neonatology and Pediatrics.
• Dr. Borja Mugabure Bujedo was born on October 5th, 1965, in the city of San Sebastian, Spain. He was graduated in Medicine at University from Basque Country (UPV-EHU) Leioa/Bilbao, Spain 1991. He got married at San Sebastian, on October 21th, 1995. He got the academic degree in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at Donostia University Hospital, San Sebastian, Spain, 1997. His actual work is placed at Donostia University Hospital into the Anesthesiology, Clinical Care & Pain Medicine Service. He became the leader doctor from the Acute Pain Unit in 2006 and a member of the Chronic Pain Group since 2010.
Research Interest: Pain medicine, Opioid analgesics, Multimodal Postoperative analgesia, Chonic pain management.
Published On: April 13, 2023 | Pages: 019 - 021Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 19, 2023 | Pages: 011 - 018Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 19, 2023 | Pages: 006 - 010Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 19, 2023 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 14, 2022 | Pages: 024 - 029Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: December 12, 2022 | Pages: 019 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: October 18, 2022 | Pages: 012 - 018Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 17, 2022 | Pages: 007 - 011Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 04, 2022 | Pages: 001 - 006Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 26, 2021 | Pages: 020 - 023Abstract View Full Article View
I wish to be associated with the journal as Editor and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and professional. I suggest for indexing at the world wide ISI (JCR) will enhance researcher to submit their manuscript and lower the cost of publication fees. I recommend this journal to my colleagues for publication of their new research works. The required information is easily approachable on the website.
I wish to associate and contribute with the journal and confer my services. The comments from the reviewers/editors are fair and satisfactory. Provide the p-ISSN number to the journal with indexation in important databases as Pubmed, SCOPUS, EMBASE, etc. Manuscript submission process is quick. It is very important for the journal to be indexed in International databases of repute to increase the impact factor and getting more good quality articles. I recommend this journal to others for publication of their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission-publication timeline. I like most in your publication process is the Quality of web publication. The articles are not easily searchable on the web.
I do wish to associate with the journal and provide my services when needed. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is meaning full. It will be fine that journal can take feedback from readers. Manuscript submission process is smoothie. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing platforms. I recommend my colleagues and co experts to submit their research works in this journal. The timeline of submission and publication process are satisfactory. I like the fast turnover period from submission to publication.I can find the required information in the website easily.
I like to continue my association as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers is satisfactory. The journal should accept high impact articles as well as editorials from editors and reviewers. Manuscript submission process is easy. I recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my co-experts who were related with this journal to submit their research works. I am satisfied with submission and publication process.The guidelines for submitting articles is easily accessible on the website. The required information will easily access from website.
I would like continue this association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process is smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the simplicity and quick publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
A good journal which is considerate and helpful in publishing your work.
I wish to continue as an editor in this journal and confer my services. The editors and reviewers comments are fair and satisfactory. I think let the editors take part in the handling of manuscripts. Manuscript submission process is easy as well as user friendly. I strongly recommend the journal for getting reputed indexing services. I will intimate my co- researchers to submit their future works in this journal for publication. The manuscript submission and publication time line is more accurate. I mostly like the repaid peer review process in the journal. I can easily find the required information, if needed.
I suggest that the journal should get impact factor for faster indexing. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in your journal. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
I am continuing my association with this journal and confer my services. Manuscript submission process in this journal is Hassel free. I strongly recommend this journal to get reputed indexing services. I recommend my friends and colleagues to submit their works in this journal for publication. The submission and publication time line process is more satisfactory. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I would like to continue the association with this journal and confer my services. It is up to specific cases but I think they are almost fair and professional. In order to attract submission from researchers, the journal should be an ISI research journal. The anuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal for major indexing platforms. I strongly recommend the others to submit their research works for the sake of the journal growth. The required information can get easily on journal webpage.
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Archives of Nursing Practice and Care
University of Reims, France
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
William CS Cho
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."