Research Interest: Research mainly focused on Stem cells, cell differentiation, and dedifferentiation, Congenital Heart Disease, Diabetic Cardiomyopathy, Pharmacology, Molecular Genetics And Pulmonary Cardiac Regeneration.
List of publications:
1. Mattapally S, Z Mattapally S, Pawlik KM, Fast VG, Zumaquero E, Lund FE, Randall TD, Townes TM, Zhang J.. Human Leukocyte Antigen Class I and II Knockout Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cells: Universal Donor for Cell Therapy. J Am Heart Assoc. 2018 Dec 4;7(23):e010239. doi: 10.1161/JAHA.118.010239.
2. Mattapally S, Zhu W, Fast VG, Gao L, Worley C, Kannappan R, Borovjagin A, Zhang
J. Spheroids of cardiomyocytes derived from human induced-pluripotent stem cells
improve recovery from myocardial injury in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol.
2018 Aug 1;315 (2):H327-H339.
3. Mattapally S, Cukier-Meisner W.K, Zhang J. (2017) Differentiation and Use of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells for Cardiovascular Therapy and Tissue Engineering. In: Ieda M., Zimmermann WH. (eds) Cardiac Regeneration. Cardiac and Vascular Biology. Springer. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56106-6_5.
4. Gao L, Gregorich Z, Zhu W, Mattapally S, Oduk Y, lou X, Kannappan R, Borovjagin A, Walcott G, Pollard A, Fast V, Hu X, Lloud SG, Ge Y, Zhang J: Large Cardiac-muscle Patches Engineered from Human Induced-pluripotent Stem-cellderived Cardiac Cells Improve Recovery from Myocardial Infarction in Swine. Circulation 2017. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.117.030785.
5. Zhu W, Zhao M, Mattapally S, Zhang J: CCND2 Overexpression Enhances the Regenerative Potency of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes: Remuscularization of Injured Ventricle. Circulation Research 2017. 121:9. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311504.
6. Mattapally S, Nizamuddin S, Murthy KS, Thangaraj K, Banerjee SK. c.620C>T mutation in GATA4 is associated with congenital heart disease in South India. BMC Medical Genetics 2015, 16:7.
7. Mattapally S, Singh M, Murthy KS, Asthana S, Banerjee SK. Computational modeling suggests impaired interactions between NKX2.5 and GATA4 in individuals carrying a novel pathogenic D16N NKX2.5 mutation. Oncotarget 2018_ 9 (17), 13713.
8. Mattapally S, Banerjee SK: Nitric oxide: Redox balance, protein modification and therapeutic potential in cardiovascular system. IIOAB Journal 2011, 2:29-38.
9. Kannappan R, Mattapally S, Pooja S, Zhang J. Transactivation Domain of P53 Regulates DNA Integrity in Human Cardiac Fibroblast Derived iPS Cells. AJP-Heart and Circ- 2018 Sep 1;315(3):H512-H521. doi: 10.1152/ajpheart.00160.2018.
10. Pala RS, Pathipati UR, Mattapally S, Banerjee SK. Ultra-small silver nanoparticles induced ROS activated Toll-pathway against Staphylococcus aureus disease in silkworm model. Materials Science and Engineering, 2017: C 77, 990-1002.
11. Bagul PK, Middela H, Matapally S, Padiya R, Bastia T, Madhusudana K, Reddy BR, Chakravarty S, Banerjee SK. Attenuation of Insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and hepatic oxidative stress by resveratrol in fructose-fed rats. Pharmacological Research, 2012, 66(3): 260-268.
12. Zhao M , Fan C, Ernst PJ , Tang Y, Zhub H , Mattapally S , Oduk Y , Borovjagin AV ,
Zhou L , Zhang J, , Zhu W. Y-27632 Preconditioning Enhances Transplantation of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes in Myocardial Infarction Mice. Cardiovascular Research, cvy207,https://doi.org/10.1093/cvr/cvy207.
13. Adela R, Nethi SK, Bagul PK, Barui AK, Mattapally S, Kuncha M, Patra CR, Reddy PN, Banerjee SK. Hyperglycaemia Enhances Nitric Oxide Production in Diabetes: A study from Indian Patients. PLoS One. 2015 Apr 20;10(4).
14. Nethi SK, Veeriah V, Barui AK, Rajendran S, Mattapally S, Misra S, Chatterjee S and Patra CR. Investigation of molecular mechanisms and regulatory pathways of pro-angiogenic nanorods. Nanoscale. 2015,7, 9760-9770.
15. Santhoshi A, Mahendar B, Mattapally S, Sadhua P, Banerjee SK, Rao VJ. Synthesis of Thio-HeterocyclicAnaloguesfrom Baylis-Hillmann Bromides as Potent Cyclooxygenase-2 Inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett, 2014, 24 (8), 1952-1957.
16. Ravinder M, Mahendar B, Mattapally S, Hamsini KV, Reddy TN, Rohit C, Srinivas K, Banerjee SK, Rao VJ. Synthesis and evaluation of novel 2-pyridone derivatives as inhibitors of phosphodiestarase3 (PDE3): A target for heart failure and platelet aggregation. Bioorg Med Chem Lett, 2012, 22(18): 6010-6015.
Hon. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Global Journal of Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
University of Siena, Italy
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Lund University, Sweden
Annals of Environmental Science and Toxicology
Vingolo Enzo Maria
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Journal of Clinical Research and Ophthalmology
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
Metaxas Memorial Anticancer Hospital , Greece
Annals of Bone Marrow Research
Columbia University, USA
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."